- About Us
- Vision Library
- Contact Us
Many Lens Varieties for Eyeglasses
Are you in the market for new eyeglasses? Remember, the lenses are the most important part of your new eyeglasses. Deerwood Family Eyecare wants you to be completely satisfied with your optical lenses. With that in mind, only the best quality, innovative products are selected for their patients and customers.
At Deerwood Family Eyecare, you can find:
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Replacement lenses for glasses
- Specialty lenses such as single vision, bifocal, occupational, and progressive
- Lens coatings
- Finishes such as polished and rolled edges
There are a wide variety of lens styles, coatings, and finishes available.
Are you unsure what type of lenses you need? Deerwood Family Eyecare carries many types, including:
- Single Vision – Traditional, single focus lenses that can combine any of the lens options listed below. Single vision lenses are what the majority of eyeglass wearers use until they become presbyopic.
- Bifocal – A bifocal lens has two distinct powers – distance and near. This is a good lens choice for people who need a large distance viewing area, but have little need for intermediate viewing.
- Office, Enhanced Readers, or Occupational Lens – An office, or enhanced reader style lens, borrows the technology developed for progressives, but is specifically designed for people who require assistance at near and intermediate distances only. When you need to see well for close work, but then see clearly at your computer screen 2-3 feet away, this style lens works perfectly.
- Progressives – The most accomplished in multifocal lenses (in comparison to bifocals, trifocals, or occupational lenses), progressive lenses provide the most natural vision for presbyopic patients who also need distance correction. Correcting your vision at distance, intermediate and near, progressives relieve the need for multiple pairs of glasses for everyday tasks.
All of the decisions with selecting new eyewear can be daunting. But, Dr. Shearer’s team is always available to guide you through the process.
Highly Professional and Efficient
"Excellent experience with Dr. Shearer and his staff. Highly professional and efficient. No time wasted, great with kids and answered questions asked."
Once you’ve selected your lenses, Deerwood Family Eyecare can help you decide the best lens coatings, such as:
- Anti-Glare Coating
While you’re considering the lens style, you’ll also want to consider these special lens options:
- Transitions – Photochromic lenses that tint when exposed to UV light. Can be the perfect solution to sun protection on the go.
- Polycarbonate or lightweight lenses – Thinner, stronger, and lighter than traditional lenses. Provides additional safety and impact resistance.
- Hi Index – This type of lens replaces the ‘coke-bottle’ lenses of old. Allows for lower profile glasses, even for extremely high prescriptions.
- Aspheric – A lens that is thick in the center, needed for hyperopic patients or many presbyopic patients. Reduces the severity of the front curve of the lens and by doing so, improves vision, magnification of the eye, and thickness of the lens edge and center. Hi Index and Aspheric can be combined for the best of both options for the best looking lens possible for both hyperopic and myopic patients.
Polished or Rolled Edges – The final touch for new lenses, a polished edge will help make new glasses look stunning! A rolled edge finishes off a thick lens nicely by reducing the inner curve at its very edge.
Specialized Prescription Eyewear
From simple UV and sun tints to specialized contrast and transmission lenses, anything is possible. Deerwood Family Eyecare associates can create glasses for optimized any specialized hobbies or sports.
We’re proud to serve all of Jacksonville including Southside, Deerwood, Nocatee, St. Johns and Mandarin since 1987.