- About Us
- Vision Library
- Contact Us
Contact Lens Types and Tips
Are you considering new contact lenses? After a comprehensive eye exam, Dr. Shearer’s highly trained staff can find the contact lenses best for you. Four primary types of contact lenses include:
- Soft lenses
- Gas permeable lenses
- Daily-wear lenses
- Extended-wear lenses
Are you looking for a change? Colored contacts can enhance or even change your eye color. If you need your contacts to solve multiple vision problems, there are multifocal or bifocal contact lenses.
Dr. Shearer and his staff will help guide you to the best contacts for your eyesight problems and lifestyle. After your trial period, you can order contacts easily in the office or online by visiting the Order Contacts page.
Regardless of which type of contact lens you choose, there will be some care required. Respect your eyes with these contact lens types and tips:
- Always wash your hands to clean them from germs and debris that could be transferred to the lens.
- Verify the contact lens does not have any obvious debris before inserting it onto the eye.
- NEVER reuse contact lens solution. Use fresh solution to clean and disinfect lenses each time you use solution.
- Follow the schedule for wear as directed by Dr. Shearer (for example, change daily if you have daily-wear lenses).
- Remove lenses if your eyes suddenly become irritated or if vision changes.
- Insert contacts before applying makeup and take out contact lenses before you remove your makeup.
Remember, Dr. Shearer and his staff are here for you and your family. When you are with Dr. Shearer, you no longer have to put up with the impersonal service of a box store. Get all of your questions answered and find the right products in less time with the customized, professional service of Deerwood Family Eyecare.
We’re proud to serve all of Jacksonville including Southside, Deerwood, Nocatee, St. Johns and Mandarin since 1987.