- About Us
- Vision Library
- Contact Us
Optomap Technology – Eye Care Diagnostic Tool
At Deerwood Family Eyecare, we pride ourselves on utilizing the latest and greatest technology the optometry field has to offer. We’re raising the standard because YOU are worth it. Now, we are introducing the Optomap Technology – eye care diagnostic tool.
We offer the Optomap® as an important part of our eye exams. The Optomap produces an image that is unique and provides Dr. Shearer with a high-resolution 200° image in order to view the health of your retina. That’s 155° wider than a traditional view with dilation. Many eye problems and diseases develop without you knowing, in fact, you may not even notice any change in your sight. Fortunately, the Optomap allows us to stop these issues in their tracks. Diseases or damage, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with this type of scan.
The inclusion of Optomap as part of a comprehensive eye exam provides:
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more comprehensive view than they can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows Dr. Shearer to view your images each year to look for changes.
- The convenience of skipping dilation completely! – That means no waiting 45 minutes for your eyes to dilate in a dark room and no embarrassing, temporary sunglasses!
The Optomap is fast, easy, and comfortable for anyone. The entire image process consists of you looking into the device one eye at a time. The Optomap images are shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.
Schedule your Optomap today!
For more information on the Optomap please click here.
We’re proud to serve all of Jacksonville including Southside, Deerwood, Nocatee, St. Johns and Mandarin since 1987.